Podcasting is being spread today. On Podcasts can be a good addition to a blog, a YouTube channel or as an independent project.
Important building blocks of a successful poscas:
A key topic
The podcast should be about a specific topic. For example, the podcast may be dedicated to web hosting. Analyze the audio contributions in this niche and think about what made you different.
A key topic for each episode
Enter a separate keyword for each episode. For the Web hosting themecan it be like this: the first episode - meaning; the second episode - functioning; the third episode - species; the fourth episode differences, etc. This makes targeting much easier.
An attractive cover
Work hard on the podcast cover. Just like a picture on a disc packaging, it should attract attention and attract attention and interest.
Have a few more episodes ready
Before starting the podcast, record at least 5 chapters that you can upload over a short period. It ensures the increase in range. This will convince the big platforms like iTunes that you will quickly get the audience's interest and subscribe to and download your podcasts.
- The audience is accustomed to high standard of sound, such as a radio show or a radio play. Make sure you have high quality recording equipment.
- Record podcasts in the right place:
- isolated from strange noises;
- where your voice gets the best possible sound.
Important: The sound quality should be very high quality.
- You can also create "sound attire" of music and a few words for your podcast that will announce the podcast at the beginning and end of each episode. This "tone signature" becomes a link between different episodes of a podcast.
- When more than one person participates in the podcast, create a musical jingle between the statements so that the listener could better perceive the transition from one speaker to another.
With a few notes, some parts of the podcast can emphasize.
Even the content of the podcast is very important. Create the content your audience will enjoy listening to. Let the tension last until the end. So you can keep the audience on their toes and arouse interest. This is mainly due to entertaining, interesting and informative content.
Address a problem the audience is facing and provide a helpful solution.
Do not forget to get your audience to action at the end of the podcast: subscribe to your podcast, share the content, visit your website, and follow social media messages. Make a release plan to get a topic plan ready for a longer period of time to have.
Before releasing a podcast, carefully edit the audio file.
- Eliminate the possible background noises.
- Cut out unnecessary parts from the file.
- Remove all unnecessary and additional parts, keep only the core of the message you want to communicate to the audience.
- Pay attention to the breaks. A short pause for a phrase emphasizes the importance.
- Work hard on the title for each episode. The title should stand out.
- For maximum impact with a podcast, optimize the title and description with the appropriate keywords that clearly describe the content of each broadcast.
- Place all links in the podcast description mentioned in the content.
Choice of music
The topic of legalizing music for podcasts is so important that a special term has been introduced: Podsafe. Podsafe is a musical work licensed for the podcast.
Only use the music you are authorized to use in your podcast. GEMA and SUISA are available for this. If you downloaded a sound file in a rare format, you can convert it using special programs. Is recommended Freemake Audio Converterbecause it is understandable and user friendly. With the freeware you can FLAC, OGG,Save WAV and other files in a common format, Better choose the MP3 format, as it is compatible with many devices. This will save you a lot of time and effort.
- If you have edited the file for the podcast, have made the good title and professional description, publish it on various platforms: SoundCloud, iTunes, YouTube.
- Contact the people you mention in the episodes. This helps to push the podcast forward.
- Publish a full transcription on your website or in your blog. This is how you reach those who rather read than listen.
Tell the potential listener about your social media podcast, email, etc. When you start a podcast, it's important to show the platform that many people are listening and subscribing to the podcast. Therefore, you can even use an advertising campaign on Facebook or Google to drive the first podcasts and increase the reach.
Nowadays the popularity of podcasting is increasing. Start a podcast with these simple tips and do your best to make your podcast exciting, interesting and informative for your listeners.